- clean your space. open a window and let in light, air: let the room breathe.
- disconnect everything. belong entirely to yourself, even if only for an hour.
- take a walk. go from your bedroom to the kitchen, from the top of your street to the bottom. if it’s raining, take a coat.
- make a cup of tea or coffee. (if you don’t like those, water, etc.) drink it sat down. concentrate on the way it fills you up; finish it completely.
- set yourself three goals for the day. write them down; small things, baby steps. (eat an apple, write a sentence, take a shower, paint your nails, do your hair, change your clothes.)
- strike them out when you’ve finished.
- write a letter. dedicate it to the present, past, future, to no one, to yourself. post it, or save it for some other day.
- listen to your body. listen to the way it moans and aches: if it’s hungry, feed it. if it’s tired, sleep. treat it, nurture it.
- love your fucking self. appreciate each capillary, muscle, bone because it’s yours, and it always will be. you are your own pillar. stay upright. stand tall.
11 months ago 966 notes writings self care