- clean your space. open a window and let in light, air: let the room breathe.
- disconnect everything. belong entirely to yourself, even if only for an hour.
- take a walk. go from your bedroom to the kitchen, from the top of your street to the bottom. if it’s raining, take a coat.
- make a cup of tea or coffee. (if you don’t like those, water, etc.) drink it sat down. concentrate on the way it fills you up; finish it completely.
- set yourself three goals for the day. write them down; small things, baby steps. (eat an apple, write a sentence, take a shower, paint your nails, do your hair, change your clothes.)
- strike them out when you’ve finished.
- write a letter. dedicate it to the present, past, future, to no one, to yourself. post it, or save it for some other day.
- listen to your body. listen to the way it moans and aches: if it’s hungry, feed it. if it’s tired, sleep. treat it, nurture it.
- love your fucking self. appreciate each capillary, muscle, bone because it’s yours, and it always will be. you are your own pillar. stay upright. stand tall.
1 year ago 965 notes writings self care